If your organization is interested in supporting WEN through a strategic sponsorship, please visit our sponsorship page.
HALLIBURTON -- National Sponsor
Thousands of women are breaking ground in energy industry careers, and 3,000 of them are members of the Women's Energy Network. Join today!
Women's Energy Network is 3000 women strong. Founded in 1994, the Women's Energy Network of Houston (WEN) is a 501(c)(6) organization that brings together professional women of achievement in the energy industry and fosters their advancement by creating a network of energy contacts.
The Women’s Energy Network of Houston
Fall 2015 Academic Scholarships
The Women's Energy Network of Houston is pleased to sponsor five $2,000 one time awards to exemplary high school senior girls from the Greater Houston area. WEN is committed to introducing high school students to careers in energy through its programs, helping to fuel the industry's need for top talent in the future.
- 2015 Scholarship Application (please see links in submission instructions below) - Completed and signed application.
- Transcript - Official copy of applicant's high school transcript(s).
- Essay - Applicant must submit an original, typed, single-sided, double-spaced essay which discusses a current event in regards to Energy and shares the applicant's thoughts (i.e. gas prices, alternative fuel sources, global warming).
- Letter of Reference - Applicant must submit one letter of reference from a high school or community leader which discusses the applicant's scholastic ability, character and/or leadership characteristics.
There are two ways to submit the 2015 scholarship application to WEN:
1. Through our new online application. Please closely read and follow the instructions listed on the online application form (<< Click link to access, complete, and submit the new online form!). The online application must be completed, and the attachments (i.e., transcript and letter of reference) must be received by October 1, 2014.
***PLEASE NOTE: IF SUBMITTING USING THE ONLINE APPLICATION, PLEASE USE INTERNET EXPLORER ONLY. WE HAVE EXPERIENCED TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH OTHER BROWSERS SUCH AS CHROME AND FIREFOX.***
2. By e-mailing or mailing in the application. Please closely read and follow the instructions listed on the mail-in application form (<< Click link to access and complete the form!). The application must be completed, and the attachments postmarked by September 24, 2014.
**Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Notification of Award