PIPELINE TO THE FUTURE: Building Sustainable Infrastructure
Build Your Network. Build Your Career.
Your professional network is one of the most powerful tools in your career. Hundreds of like-minded professional women convened in New Orleans to learn about the market topics changing the industry.
Conference attendees enjoyed educational tracks crafted to help them gain insights on what’s happening in the Energy Industry today including:
- Energy Leadership, from STEM to the C-Suite
- Game Changers: Operational Expertise to Elevate Your Career
- 2015 Industry Outlook, Insights, and Trends
- Energy Policy and Strategy
Be Challenged. Be Inspired.
The Keynote Speakers at this year’s conference are successful and powerful women who will both challenged and educated attendees.
Marilyn Tam, Ph.D. and former President of Reebok along with the former CEO of Shell Midstream Partners, Peggy Montana will shared their journeys and the future of Energy.
Educational Track Topics Included:
- When your Name is your Bond-Building and Maintaining your Brand in the Energy Space and Beyond
- Game Changers-New Technology on the Horizon
- Building a Pipeline to the Future-Navigating Through Midstream Opportunities and Challenges
- Applying Project Management to Oil and Gas Challenges
- The Second Oldest Profession: How Politics are Impacting The Energy Industry
- Power Outlook: A Look at the Power Industry of the Future
- Financial Trends for the Non-Financial
- Crew Change 2.0 (Training programs, recruiting, employee engagement)
- Safety and Regulations: Building a Safety Culture, Engaging Stakeholders and Being an Agent of Change
- Deep Water Trends: What’s Happening Now
Continuing Education Credit
American Association of Professional Landmen certified WEN’s National Conference for 10 hours of continuing education credit. If accredited landmen attended the full conference kicking off with Thursday morning’s opening session through Friday’s closing lunch, they received 10 hours towards their AAPL certification.
Meet the Keynote Speakers
Marilyn Tam, International Business Leader. There isn’t a glass ceiling Marilyn Tam didn’t shatter. Growing up as an abused and neglected child in Hong Kong, Tam bravely left home as a teen to come to America. At a young age, Tam had to adjust to life in a foreign country, the language, the culture, all while completely alone. Never forgetting the hardships she experienced and witnessed as a child, Marilyn has spent her career spreading ethical business policies and improving the lives of others around the world.
Tam is changing the face of global business practices. Named one of the “Top 30 Female Entrepreneurs in the US” by Entrepreneur Magazine, Tam built four successful companies, was the CEO of Aveda, Vice President of Nike, and President of Reebok Apparel and Retail Group.Her accomplishments include creating revolutionary ethical labor policies in Reebok’s factories around the world and co-founding the Us Foundation, A true visionary, her work has been detailed in Jack Canfield’s book on strategies for success, The Success Principles, and Brand Channel lists her as one of the four most prominent names in ethical business globally.
Peggy Montana, former CEO, President, and Board Director, Shell Midstream Partners, L.P. Peggy Montana is Executive Vice President, US Pipeline / Special Projects, Americas. She is responsible for the US Pipeline business and US Fuels SAP implementation and serves as the regional business director for the Americas.Montana is also the CEO, President and Board Director for Shell Midstream Partners, L.P. Shell Midstream Partners was formed as a vehicle to own, operate, develop, and acquire pipelines and other midstream assets.
Peggy’s career with Shell spans 37 years, beginning as a chemical engineer in refining.Peggy is the current Chair of the American Petroleum Institute (API) Downstream Committee and is leading a study on Emergency Preparedness for the US National Petroleum Council. She is also a member of the Advisory Council of the Women’s Energy Network (WEN) and serves on the board of the Houston YMCA.
Thank You to our 2015 Conference Sponsors