About Our Chapter
The Women’s Energy Network (WEN) Boston was established in October 2017. Six women, the founding board members, were attracted to the organization’s mission: to develop programs that provide networking opportunities and foster career and leadership development for women who work in energy. As professionals in the industry, we recognized our shared experiences and set out to fulfill this mission in our own area, bringing the programming of WEN to our colleagues in Boston.
Our goal was to build a close-knit community of women in energy focused on education, career development, and advocacy and to develop a talent pool of women in the industry. In the long term, we want to be an integral component of our members’ professional lives by helping them build a valuable network and providing programming that shapes and enhances their careers. Through this programming, we help our members gain improved access to other professionals and opportunities throughout the city along with real world insight into the dynamics of our industry
WEN Boston provide networking and educational programming such as panel discussions on relevant topics, workshops, mentoring opportunities, social events, and mixers with other local organizations.
The founding board members were:
- Jackie Bliss, President (Vice President & General Manager, Advisory Solutions, EnerNOC an Enel Group Company)
- Jessie Hagger, President-Elect (Energy Procurement and Consulting, SourceOne)
- Elizabeth Wayman, Membership Programming (Director, GE Ecomagination)
- Nicole Hamilton, Treasurer (Business Intelligence, Veolia)
- Shelby Doherty, Marketing Director (Communications and Policy, National Grid)
- Hannah Ricketts, Secretary (Director of Public Affairs, Forbes Tate Partners)