About Our Chapter
The Women's Energy Network Chicago was established in August 2015. The mission of the Women’s Energy Network Chicago is to attract more women into energy through outreach programs; to retain and develop women in energy by fostering relationships; and to develop leadership competencies and industry insight through strategic partnerships with companies, educational institutions, and other organizations.
WEN Chicago will provide networking and educational programming such as, educational workshops on emerging energy trends, a STEM girls mentoring program, and networking breakfasts and dinners.
Goals and Objectives
WEN Chicago’s goal is to fill the void among the many trade associations in the city by serving as an organization that brings together professional women of achievement in the energy industry and fosters their advancement by creating a network of energy contacts.
Founding Board of Directors
- Anne Pramaggiore, President (President and CEO, Commonwealth Edison)
- Sherina E. Maye, President-Elect (Commissioner, Illinois Commerce Commission)
- Jennifer Sloma, Treasurer (Head of Commercial Development, BP)
- Beth Dickstein, Secretary (Partner at Sidley Austin)
- Katie McClain, Director of Membership (Director of Public Affairs, Invenergy LLC)
- Danisha Hall, Director of Programming (Director, Diversity and Community Affairs at Illinois Commerce Commission)
- Christa Markgraff, STEM Education (Managing Director of Project Management, Nicor Gas/AGL Resources Inc.)
- Anne Evens, Director of Community Initiatives (CEO, Elevate Energy)