A Message from the President
With the COVID-19 virus a concern across the nation, WENCO has made changes to our event calendar by adjusting program dates and offering remote participation. The event calendar has been updated to reflect these changes and emails send to all participants who registered prior to March 12, 2020. Moving forward, if you do attend a WENCO event we ask that you take basic protective measures against the coronavirus, including:
- Make washing your hands frequently with soap and water FUN!
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Refrain from shaking hands and opt for a fist/elbow bump or a casual and cool head nod.
- If you have any symptoms of coronavirus, please avoid attending WENCO programs in-person.
- Stay informed and follow advice given by the World Health Organization and your healthcare provider.
If you have any questions about the above, do not hesitate to contact an of the WENCO Leadership Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
WENCO Chapter President
Kicking Off 2020
The New Year always brings fresh starts and new goals but even more exciting is that this coming January also sets the stage for a new decade! Join us at our 2020 Kick Off event to sample the many new ways WENCO can help you reach your personal and professional goals. Our expanded Leadership Team has designed dynamic and engaging programs for 2020 that will help you to BE RESILIENT in your career, your personal life and your community. At this event, you’ll be able to speak with the leaders of each of the following new programs:
- Peer Groups - Our new small groups are a more intimate way to engage with others in our organization. Meet other women in energy while participating in activities or special interest meet ups.
- Energy 101 Series - Learn more about our diverse and ever-evolving industry through our upcoming panel discussions, site visits and tours.
- Be A Mentor Program - Pump up your skills to mentor, support and cultivate others in your professional life through our unique mentor training program and events.
- Scholarship Program - Learn how to help us support young women entering the STEM fields through. Learn more at the Kick Off Happy Hour.
- Membership - Explore the benefits of becoming a WENCO member or simply get assistance in renewing your membership at our Kick Off Happy Hour.
Learn more and register about all of the above at the Kick Off Happy Hour. I look forward to seeing you in 2020!
Caley Van Cleave
WENCO President Elect
Annual Luncheon Recap
Thanks to the more than 140 women and men that joined us on Friday, September 20 for the second annual WEN Colorado Luncheon. At the event, we announced our inaugural scholarship winners, Faith Lee Brendefur (CU-Boulder) and Megan Maley (Scripps College). Both of these young women were very appreciative of the gift and are excited to become representatives in the fields of STEM.
Guests also heard from our keynote speaker, Diana Hoff with Antero Resources. Diana talked about her career path and when she learned life lessons along the way. Her message of investing in yourself, whether it's through coaching, mentoring or even therapy, is something we all need to learn to implement in our lives. Thank you Diana for your words of wisdom!
Finally, with your help, we began raising funds for the 2020 WEN Colorado Scholarship, a program that honors the late Kelly de la Torre. Currently, women represent only 26% of the workforce in STEM fields. Kelly's vision was to encourage more young women to pursue STEM careers, and we believe our scholarship program is a step to making that happen. Please help us achieve our goal of raising $10,000 for the 2020 scholarship by donating online - every dollar counts! Use the link at the left to donate to our chapter scholarship fund.
Keynote speaker Diana Hoff and WEN CO members at the Annual Luncheon