WEN Houston Call for Nominations
WEN Houston is seeking nominations for the 2021 WEN Board of Directors, Elected Chairs and Committee Positions. Now is a great time to get involved and make the most of your WEN membership! Nominations for the following positions are being accepted (self-nomination is highly encouraged):
Elected Board Positions
- President-Elect (3-year term as President-Elect, President, Past-President)
- Community Initiatives Co-Director (2-year term)
- Marketing Co-Director (2-year term)
- Sponsorship Co-Director (2-year term)
- Membership Programming Co-Director (2-year term)
- Educational Programming Co-Director (2-year term)
- Membership Co-Director (2-year term)
Elected Chair Positions
- Executive Events Chair (1-year term)
- Young Women Energized Chair (1-year term)
- Charity Luncheon Co-Chair (2-year term)
- Speakers Chair (1-year term)
- Mentoring Co-Chair (2-year term)
WEN Houston is also seeking nominations for several Committee positions (all terms are 1-year). Committee positions will be filled by the incoming WENH Board members after elections at the virtual Annual Business Meeting on Wednesday, October 21, 2020
. This is a great way to hone your leadership skills and benefit from networking opportunities while working in an area of interest to you.
If you are interested in serving in any of the available roles or in nominating another WEN member for an elected position, please fill out the online Nomination Form
no later than Wednesday, September 9, 2020
Click the links below to download the role descriptions for all positions.
As a reminder, if you are interested in serving on the Nominating Committee, please complete this form
by August 18, 2020
. To be eligible, you must be a WEN member but not seeking election or reelection to a WEN Houston board or chair role.
Young Women Energized Named Best Outreach Program
WEN Houston's Young Women Energized
program was recognized as the Best Outreach Program
during the 2019 World Oil Awards
. The awards ceremony, now in its 18th year, seeks to recognize and honor the upstream oil and gas industry’s top innovations and innovators. The gala event drew more than 350 attendees.
One of the greatest challenges confronting the oil and gas industry is educating the younger generation about the value of the petroleum sector. This award spotlights the work that has been done to teach the general community about the oil and gas industry.