Annual Leadership Conference
Our half-day signature event focuses on discussion topics that inspire energy leaders and offer an afternoon of education and networking, focused on empowering women across all areas of the energy industry to identify and gain the tools they need to better manage their careers and to excel in the industry.
The WEN North Texas Mentoring Program is a mentor-facilitated peer-to-peer mentoring program, aimed at promoting leadership, career guidance, development of skills for advancement, career success, and expanding professional networks. The program is open to all WEN members who are interested in participating as a mentor or mentee. The program begins in May and runs through January of 2022.
All participants in the program will be assigned to a mentoring circle, generally consisting of 6 to 10 mentees and 1 or 2 mentors. The WEN North Texas chapter currently offers a choice of three different circle based on geographic preference, North Dallas, Fort Worth, and Downtown Dallas. Mentors host monthly, in-person, focused meetings to discuss topics around key themes, based on a framework provided by the program chair. Each circle is encouraged to tailor the format and content according to the needs of its members.
In addition to the focused circle meetings, the mentoring program offers specialty workshops and social events, exclusive to program participants. Both events promote opportunities for networking among fellow mentors and mentees, while providing a deeper dive into a particular topic.
Program benefits include:
- Leadership and career guidance
- Development of skills that enable advancement and career success
- Expand and cultivate professional networks
- Open forum for sharing ideas surrounding issues affecting career and workplace success
- Accountability for goal setting
- Observations of industry trends from different perspectives
- A library of methods and strategies for confident decision making
Call for Mentors and Mentees
Application for the 2021-2022 WEN North Texas Mentoring Program will close May 1, 2021.
2021-2022 Mentoring Program Timeline (subject to change)
- May 1, 20021- Mentee and Mentor Application Deadline
- May 13, 2021 tentative Program Kick Off and Orientation Event
- June 2021- Nov 2021 monthly Mentor Circle meetings
- January 2022- Program Close Celebration Event
Criteria for Participants
In order to participate in the mentoring program, members must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain good-standing membership of WEN for the duration of the program,
- Commit to spending 1-4 hours per month, from May through January of 2022, preparing for and participating in the mentoring circle, and
- Submit an application. Applications are attached to the weekly WEN-NT chapter emails .You can also get the application by following this link and downloading the pdf or emailing Jennifer Willis, the Program Chair and Chapter President-Elect. All applications need to be submitted to Jennifer Willis at [email protected].
- All mentors and mentees are highly encouraged to attend the initial WEN Mentoring Orientation Session (details TBA), where you will meet the other members of your mentoring circle and schedule your first mentoring circle meeting.
The program is based on the concept of mentoring circles.
- The program chair forms the circles and assigns participants, based on application answers received from members.
- The traditional mentoring circle will consist of 6-10 mentees and 1-2 mentors
- The circles hold monthly meetings with focused circle topics.
- After an introductory session, the circle members select the time (morning, mid-day, or evening), days, and location of meetings.
- Mentoring program participants are invited to attend specialty workshops and social events, exclusive to program participants.
- Mentors facilitate and engage mentees in group discussions on a number of topics to help provide career guidance and perspective.
- Mentees participate in discussions and share experiences, while learning from peers and mentors.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Chapter President-Elect, Jennifer Willis, at [email protected] .
As a well-established and growing professional organization chaired by women in the field, WEN attracts the kind of speakers that can give members insight to relevant and timely industry topics at our monthly luncheons and executive events.
Our monthly luncheons and happy hour networking events are held throughout the year, and allow you to meet other professional members representing a range of fields within the industry.