Through the WEN Foundation Fund, the Foundation funds and administers scholarship and grant programs that benefit students, WEN members, and individuals in the energy industry. Potential uses for the Fund include:
- Educational and leadership initiatives;
- Undergraduate and graduate scholarships for students pursuing a STEM-related or energy-related career path;
- Membership grants for WEN members who have lost their jobs in industry downturns or transitions;
- Grants for WEN members to attend WEN’s Global Biennial Conference;
- Charitable endeavors consistent with the Foundation’s purposes;
- Digital tools for the administration of scholarships and educational programs; and
- General and administrative expenses that power the Foundation’s mission.
The Foundation’s Board of Directors ensures that use of the Fund is consistent with the Foundation’s charitable philanthropical and educational purposes.