Dear Members and Friends,
Thank you to those who attended the 2022 WEN Conference in April! I think you can agree that after being apart for over two years, it was the perfect way to kickstart spring. More than 525 energy professionals from across all 23 chapters gathered to learn about the future of the energy industry, share best practices, and most importantly, connect with each other. A few highlights include:
- Motivational Speakers like Redia Anderson, Alana Hill, and Jennifer Cogburn,
- Fabulous food and line dancing at Billy Bob’s,
- Connecting with every chapter and even with attendees from as far as Ghana and Japan,
- Free Headshots and a plethora of selfies,
- Excellent panel and group discussions with industry leaders and our leadership cohort partners.
Some of my personal takeaways included “Diversity is a fact. Inclusion is an act.” and “The longest journey you will ever take is the journey from your brain to your heart to your hands.” Together we learned that the future of the energy industry is unknown, but WEN members are at the heart of the energy transition and are more valuable now than ever before.
We also celebrated the hard work WEN has accomplished since our inception. Did you know that just 10 years ago there were only six chapters? And just one chapter 20 years ago? During the Conference - year 28 - we welcomed the WEN Missouri Chapter to our family, bumping us up to 23 Chapters Globally. Wow!
Volunteers have always been what makes our organization special, and we were honored to present three awards at the conference:
- Outstanding Chapter Program Award: WEN Boston for their Industry Expert Series
- Spirit of WEN Award: Sally Hallingstad, WEN Global Marketing Director (Colorado)
- Founders Award: Tara Meek, WEN Global Immediate Past President (Greater Pittsburgh)
For those of you who attended, make sure to strengthen the connections you made by having that in-person or virtual meet up you promised each other! Regardless of your attendance, I hope you continue to be curious about your fellow members and reach out to those in other chapters. As a reminder, your membership gives you access to virtual and in person events at any Chapter, which is great if you find yourself traveling. Make sure to check out our Event Calendar for a comprehensive list.
The most important lesson learned from this year’s Conference is that WEN is for everyone, everywhere, and wherever WEN is not, they want us to be there.
WEN Global President