The Women’s Energy Network Greater Colorado (WEN CO) was established in November 2016 as a merger with the Denver-based Women in Energy (WIE). The merger reflects the organizations’ shared interest in establishing one unified group that becomes Colorado’s premier resource for women working in all sectors of the energy industry.
WEN Colorado’s goal is to deliver unparalleled networking, professional development, and community outreach opportunities to women in all aspects of the energy sector throughout our great state, including those who aspire to enter the field. In addition to the former benefits of WIE, WEN Colorado will offer the following benefits to our membership:
- National networking opportunities and access to WEN’s national library and job board;
- Cross-chapter e-learning, such as webinars and podcasts;
- Additional financial resources from collaboration with API nationally and CPC memberships locally;
- Biennial membership conference and membership retreats;
- On-going events that create a space where we can nurture professional relationships of professional development unique to women; in a way that feels comfortable and provide a venue where we can discuss aspects
- Mentoring opportunities for women who are executives and rising stars to share their experiences with other women in the energy industry;
- Quarterly (or more) luncheons with broader access to expert speakers that have national profiles and platforms;
- Educational opportunities where CPE / CLE may be earned at a luncheon or event;
- Expanded opportunities for community involvement, including collaboration with school, educational seminars connecting to local STEM programs, and annual charity luncheons to benefit local causes, collegiate chapters, and academic scholarships for exemplary young women in education.