Women’s Energy Network of Colorado Kelly de la Torre Scholarship
The Women’s Energy Network of Colorado is pleased to sponsor TWO (2) $2,500 scholarships in 2019 in memory of former founding member and friend Kelly de la Torre. Kelly was a prominent professional in Colorado focused on utilizing scientific innovation to advance the energy industry. As a practicing attorney, she facilitated all aspects of the commercialization of new technologies. Additionally, she regularly wrote about and promoted energy issues to help educate the general public. Kelly was passionate about helping women advance in the energy industry. She was dedicated to making the world a better place through outreach and education, and she firmly believed that fostering scientific innovation at a young age would inspire and empower children to pursue a meaningful career in science and technology. Through outreach and these scholarships, WEN is committed to introducing Colorado high school females to careers in energy, helping to fuel the need of talented women for the future of the industry.
To donate to the scholarship fund, click here.
Eligibility Requirements (if requirements are not fully met – we won’t be able to consider you for a scholarship):
- Must be female and reside in Colorado.
- Must be going into one of the S.T.E.M. fields.
- Must have an average 3.5 GPA WITH proof from high school transcript and high school administrator’s contact information (must have all 3).
- Must plan to attend an accredited 4-year university.
- Must have proof of registration prior to disbursement of scholarship funds.
- Must have TWO (2) letters of recommendations (include contact information for them) that are not relatives (references must be older than 21 years).
- Copy and paste recommendations in application fields or send recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1st with the applicants name in the subject line.
The submission deadline is June 1, 2019.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.