Houston 2020 Academic Scholarships
The Women’s Energy Network of Houston sponsors six $2,000, one-time awards to exemplary high school senior girls from the Greater Houston area. WEN is committed to introducing high school students to careers in energy through its programs, helping to fuel the industry’s need for top talent in the future.
Eligible applicants are female, graduating high school seniors from the Greater Houston area with exemplary academic records and demonstrated leadership potential. Eligible applicants must plan to attend an accredited four-year university in the Fall after the award is made. Proof of registration must be presented to WEN’s scholarship panel prior to disbursement of awards.
- Completed, signed Scholarship Application
- Transcript – Official copy of applicant’s high school transcript(s) emailed from a school representative to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Young Women Energized, Scholarship Chair, Attn: Deb White, P.O. Box 680086, Houston, TX 77268.
- Essay – Applicant must include an original essay which discusses a current event in regard to Energy and shares the applicant’s thoughts (i.e., gas prices, alternative fuel sources, global warming).
- Letter of Reference – Applicant must submit one letter of reference from a high school or community leader which discusses the applicant’s scholastic ability, character and/or leadership characteristics to email@example.com.
- Please include contact information for the reference.
If you have any questions regarding the Scholarship Committee, the application process or the distribution of scholarship funds, please email the WEN Scholarship Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org.