$20,000 in Young Women Energized Scholarships Available!
Deadline for Scholarship Applications October 20, 2019
Accredited Four Year Universities & Accredited Two Year Community Colleges!
YWE 2020 Fall Academic Scholarship Application is now OPEN!
The Women’s Energy Network of Houston is pleased to sponsor five (5) $4,000 one-time awards to exemplary high school senior girls from the greater Houston area. WEN is committed to introducing high school students to careers in energy through its programs, helping to fuel the industry’s need for top talent in the future.
The awards for the 2020 Fall Academic Scholarships will be presented at the November 9, 2019 Young Women Energized (YWE) STEM Outreach event to be held at the University of Houston Downtown, One N. Main Street, Houston, TX 77002 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Please encourage every eligible high school young women you know to apply for the scholarship & all high school young women to register for the STEM Outreach event!
Eligible applicants are female, graduating high school seniors from the Greater Houston area with exemplary academic records and demonstrated leadership potential. Eligible applicants must plan to attend an accredited four year university or accredited community college in the Fall 2020. Proof of registration must be presented to WEN’s scholarship panel prior to disbursement of awards.
- Link to 2020 Scholarship Applications (complete online application & submit once you have completed the application)
- Transcript – Official copy of applicant’s high school transcript(s) emailed from a school representative to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure the word Scholarship is part of your subject in the email along with your full name.
- Essay – Applicant must include an original 300-500 word essay which discusses a current event relating to energy and shares the applicant’s thoughts (i.e., gas prices, alternative fuel sources, global warming) as part of the online application.
- Letter of Reference – Applicant must submit one letter of reference from a high school or community leader which discusses the applicant’s scholastic ability, character and/or leadership characteristics to email@example.com. Please include contact information for the reference. Also ensure the word Scholarship is part of your subject in the email.
- Instructions: All materials must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 20, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Notification of Award: Winners will be notified via phone and email by WEN’s Scholarship Panel, and acknowledged at WEN’s Young Women Energized to be held Saturday, November 9, 2019 10:00 am-3:00 pm, at University of Houston Downtown (UHD). Winners are strongly encouraged to attend.
Earning a prestigious or merit-based scholarship can actually make you a more attractive job candidate. Employers who understand the competitive nature of the scholarship will recognize it as an accomplishment. Generally, a merit-based scholarship demonstrates to future employers that you have exceptional ability in the academic, athletic or artistic realm. Attached is the flyer for the upcoming YWE STEM Outreach Program, please help get the word out about the YWE STEM Outreach Program & YWE Scholarship opportunities by posting to your social media sites.
If you have any questions regarding the Scholarship Committee, the application process or the distribution of scholarship funds, please email the WEN Scholarship Committee: email@example.com.