WEN-NT signed our Affiliation Agreement with WEN in February 2009. Our certificate of formation of our Chapter was dated effective April 28, 2009 and we our WEN launch event in 2009 at Thompson & Knight’s offices. WEN founder Karyl McCurdy Lawson spoke. We were the first chapter of WEN to launch outside Houston.
The official Chapter vision was to provide networking and community outreach opportunities and foster career and leadership development with the initial number of members during the first year of formation between 60-70.
The signatories of the WEN affiliation agreement who also served as founders of the North Texas Chapter and initial Board members were:
- Lori Ward (President),
- Debra Villarreal (Secretary),
- Ann Vandenberg (Public Relations Director),
- Christina Kitchens (Vice President),
- Melinda Yee (Treasurer),
- Amber Shockey (Membership Director),
- Sue Rader (Special Events and Networking Director)
- Sarah Bennett (Assistant Special Events and Networking Director)
- Jill McMillian, although not part of the founding group, served as an initial Board member as the Communications Director