The Women’s Energy Network (WEN) was founded in 1994. In 2009 WEN Houston started to expand and offer women in other regions of the globe the same exciting opportunities built in Houston. To date we have fourteen chapters across the US and Mexico. The Women’s Energy Network has changed its mission to “an international association for women professionals that provides networking opportunities for women in the energy industry and fosters career and leadership development.”
WEN is committed to helping fill a growing need for women working in the energy industry. Do you want to connect with other energy professionals in your area? Are you looking for local educational and leadership offerings that help you advance in your career? Would you like to build your leadership skills while volunteering with like-minded individuals? WEN professional chapters provide you with all these opportunities and much more!
Developing a professional chapter in your area can be a professionally and socially rewarding experience. It just takes an enthusiastic and dedicated volunteer leader to begin the process.
Apply & Submit
The chapter application consists of the following documents:
- Chapter Request For Information
- Chapter Roster, including potential board and standard members
- Listing of energy companies in your region
- Regional demographics
Please submit completed documents to email@example.com.
Chapter Approval Process
When chapter application materials are submitted to the national office, confirmation is sent to the chapter of its successful delivery and you will be notified whether your group meets the requirements for a chapter. The Chapter Committee reviews all documents. Any revisions required by the Chapter Committee are then provided back to the chapter. Upon receipt and review of revisions, the chapter is formally approved. WEN then provides a Welcome Package to help establish the group in their local region.
New Chapter Welcome Materials
Upon approval by the Chapter Committee, newly chartered chapters receive:
- Welcome package
- Chapter Handbook
- Official approval letter
- Official WEN chapter logo file
Read the chapter leader handbook thoroughly. It provides guidance on how to select your board of directors, conduct elections, promote the chapter and set up programs and projects. Share the handbook with your chapter officers and directors. Always keep a copy handy, keep your handbook up-to-date by filing inserts or changes distributed by the national office.
Once you have organized a board of directors, you must provide the national office with the following:
- Your chapter address, telephone number, and account number of the financial institution at which your funds will be deposited
- A list of your directors and committee chairmen, including names, addresses, and telephone numbers
- A copy of your bylaws
WEN membership is required of all members involved with professional chapters.
Women’s Energy Network welcomes new Student Chapters and is very interested in helping each existing Student Chapter remain an active, significant organization on the campus.
A group of college students at an eligible school that does not have a WEN chapter may initiate one by following the application procedure below or by downloading the Student Chapter Toolkit or request“An Invitation to Organize a Student Chapter” package from WEN headquarters.
- All WEN Student Chapters and their activities must be in line with the mission and values of the Women’s Energy Network. Each chapter serves as a student-led, leadership group.
- All WEN Student Chapters must be student-led and student-run.
- All WEN Student Chapters must be approved, independent student groups on campus and should not fall under the umbrella of any campus department, entity, or other student organization. Chapters are responsible for reapplying for student group status each year if their school requires it and should be able to produce evidence of student group registration at any time upon request.
- Each chapter must be named in the “WEN Student Chapter at (school’s name/nickname)” format, but can be known as “WEN Student Chapter” on its campus.
- Every WEN Student Chapter must have an advisor who is a faculty or staff member employed by the college or university.
- Chapters may not require an application process to be a group member. The chapter should be open to the entire campus community, including male students, outlined by rules governing student groups on campus.
- New chapter Presidents must complete a Leadership Training. Chapters are ineligible to participate in WEN national programs until they complete the webinar.
- All chapters must adhere to WEN logo usage standards and comply with all branding requirements.
For assistance, contact the Student Chapter coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.