Women's Energy Network was started in Houston in 1994.
YWE Recognized as a finalist in the 2012 World Oil Awards for Best Outreach Program
WEN 2012 Charity Lunch raises over $145,000 for Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse (AVDA)
WEN South East Lousiana was founded in 2009.
Not a WEN member but want to receive the weekly email and notices about special events? Subscribe to the WEN SELA Mailing List now!
WEN North Texas was founded in 2009.
Not a WEN member but want to receive the weekly email and notices about special events? Subscribe to the WEN North Texas Mailing List now!
Thursday January 9, 2014 - Gas drilling in the Barnett Shale
Thursday January 21, 2014 - Risk Management in the Energy Industry
WEN Appalachia was founded in 2011.
WEN Appalachia members are women in the energy industry in the Appalachian Basin, including Pennsylvania, West Virginia, New York, Ohio, Kentucky, and Delaware. It regularly hosts events throughout Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
The Washington, D.C. chapter of the Women's Energy Network was launched in February 2012.
Save the Date! WEN 20th Anniversary - September 30th at Bayou City Event Center. Meet industry professionals and hear from exciting speakers.Spirit of WEN Award - Nominate an individual, project, initiative, or company promoting women in energy in a truly visionary way. Closes July 30th!
If your organization is interested in supporting WEN through a strategic sponsorship, please visit our sponsorship page.
HALLIBURTON -- National Sponsor
Thousands of women are breaking ground in energy industry careers, and 3,000 of them are members of the Women's Energy Network. Join today!
Women's Energy Network is 3000 women strong. Founded in 1994, the Women's Energy Network of Houston (WEN) is a 501(c)(6) organization that brings together professional women of achievement in the energy industry and fosters their advancement by creating a network of energy contacts.
WEN Appalachia Chapter
News and Upcoming Events
The Women's Energy Network Appalachia Chapter was started in 2011. Its first Board of Directors served for 2 years to maintain stability and grow the chapter membership.
WEN Appalachia Chapter is Going Strong in it's Third Year!
WEN announced the formation of its Appalachia Chapter in 2011. With approximately 900 members, WEN is an association for women professionals that provides networking opportunities and fosters career and leadership development.
The Appalachia Chapter continues to aim to bring together women professionals seeking to network with other professional and with organizations committed to the development of women's roles in business.
According to WEN Houston Board President, Jeannie Gardner, "The Board of Directors of WEN Houston are excited to welcome the Appalachian Chapter. The Chapter will serve the Appalachian region of West Virginia and Pennsylvania. This region is rich with energy resouces and I believe this is a perfect choice for a WEN Chapter to support the major economic developments in the basin."
**UPDATED** - WEN Appalachia Young Women Energized Mixer: Holiday Inn, Monroeville, PA, February 10, 2014
- Please join The Young Women’s Energized (YWE) Committee as we introduce 12 young women from Allegheny College, IUP, PSU, and WVU that have been selected to be members of YWE’s inaugural group.
- Refreshments and appetizers will be provided.
- RSVP online or at email@example.com
Risk Mitigation; Geotechnical Engineering within the Marcellus & Utica Lunch and Learn: Valley Brook Country Club, McMurray, PA, February 20, 2014
- The lunch and learn will summarize the geotechnical hazards encountered throughout the footprint of the Marcellus and Utica plays. A properly designed geotechnical investigation consisting of site reconnaissance, geophysics and/or geotechnical drilling can assist in identification of and anticipatory design for geohazards from the construction phase through the lifetime of Natural Gas developments. Additionally,geotechnical case studies of a variety of Natural Gas projects will be presented.
- Dawood Engineering will be sponsoring the event.
- This lunch and learn is open to members and non-members including our male counterparts.
- Attendees can receive continuing education credits.
- RSVP online or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Embracing Energy Conference - A Conference for Women, Presented by WVONGA, Young Professional Women in Energy and WEN Appalachia : Oglebay Resort in Wheeling, WV, February 26-27, 2014
- Nationally known author Gail Evans will lead a book discussion, Elizabeth Ames Jones, Patton Boggs, Amy Jolley with Noble Energy, and Katherine Fredricksen with CONSOL Energy, along with and many
others will be sharing their stories. We will also work to establish a networking community during the event.
- Please visit www.embracingenergy.net directly for more details and to register. Contact Rebekah Hogue at 304-343-1609 or at email@example.com with questions.
The WEN Appalachia Chapter Board of Directors Welcomes You to the Appalachian Chapter serving the Appalachia region of West Virginia and Pennsylvania.
If you are interested in serving on the Board in the future or volunteering to assist with a Committee now, please contact Mary Anna Babich.
Connect With Us!
Follow us on Twitter.
Join our LinkedIn group.
See more of our events and members on Pinterest.
Appalachia Chapter Sponsors