Women's Energy Network was started in Houston in 1994.
YWE Recognized as a finalist in the 2012 World Oil Awards for Best Outreach Program
WEN 2012 Charity Lunch raises over $145,000 for Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse (AVDA)
WEN South East Lousiana was founded in 2009.
Not a WEN member but want to receive the weekly email and notices about special events? Subscribe to the WEN SELA Mailing List now!
Would your company like to support a growing organization of Women Leaders and be recognized at one or all of our events for 2013?
Ask about Corporate or Event Sponsorship!
The WEN Appalachian Chapter was founded in 2011.
Not a WEN member but want to receive the weekly email and notices about special events? Subscribe to the WEN Appalachian Mailing List now!
The Washington, D.C. chapter of the Women's Energy Network was launched in February 2012.
North Texas Chapter Home
News and Upcoming Events
Women's Energy Network - North Texas was started in 2008 and has grown to over 120 members. If interested in helping on a committee or serving on the Board, then please contact Ann Vendenberg for more information.
Women's Energy Network in North Texas hosts lunches and networking events every month.
Women's Energy Network in North Texas hosted a Leadership Forum in June 2011 with more than 100 in attendance.
The North Texas Chapter wishes to thank the 2012 Corporate Sponsors. If you wish to be a sponsor, please contact Ann Vandenberg.
2013 Message from WEN-NT President - Debra Villarreal
2012 was yet another extraordinary year for WEN North Texas. As we embark on our 5th year as a chapter, I would like to highlight some of our major accomplishments from 2012:
- We successfully launched the WEN North Texas Mentoring Program with small groups throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth area. This program offers our members a great opportunity to network within the energy industry and share valuable knowledge relating to professional development and career strategy.
- We hosted several educational luncheons and events where our members benefitted from innovative professionals with diverse expertise in our industry, including at the 2nd Annual WEN North Texas Leadership Conference.
- We gave back to our community through a new collaboration with a non-profit organization, Trigger’s Toys, by donating toys for children in need during the holiday season.
As we continue to grow, our Board of Directors and special advisors are planning new opportunities to develop our chapter by expanding upon our core goals: to educate, reach out and network. With that in mind, we have scheduled an exciting agenda of events for 2013:
- Educational luncheons in March, September and November
- Several networking and social events throughout the metroplex
- 3rd Annual Leadership Conference “ Empower, Enable, Enhance” on June 6th, 2013
With events such as these, WEN NT strives provide additional member benefits while expanding our influence as a chapter and growing as a professional organization. In 2013, we will continue to build upon our steadfast foundation and encourage strong leadership within our organization, our industry and our community.
The WEN-NT Board of Directors Welcomes You to the North Texas Chapter!
If you are interested in serving on the Board or volunteering to assist with a Committee, please contact Debra Villarreal.