Women's Energy Network was started in Houston in 1994.
YWE Recognized as a finalist in the 2012 World Oil Awards for Best Outreach Program
WEN South East Lousiana was founded in 2009.
Not a WEN member but want to receive the weekly email and notices about special events? Subscribe to the WEN SELA Mailing List now!
Would your company like to support a growing organization of Women Leaders and be recognized at one or all of our events for 2013?
Ask about Corporate or Event Sponsorship!
The WEN Appalachian Chapter was founded in 2011.
Not a WEN member but want to receive the weekly email and notices about special events? Subscribe to the WEN Appalachian Mailing List now!
The Washington, D.C. chapter of the Women's Energy Network was launched in February 2012.
If your organization is interested in supporting WEN through a strategic sponsorship, please visit our sponsorship page.
HALLIBURTON -- National Sponsor
Thousands of women are breaking ground in energy industry careers, and 3,000 of them are members of the Women's Energy Network. Join today!
Women's Energy Network is 3000 women strong. Founded in 1994, the Women's Energy Network of Houston (WEN) is a 501(c)(6) organization that brings together professional women of achievement in the energy industry and fosters their advancement by creating a network of energy contacts.
North Texas Chapter Home
News and Upcoming Events
Women's Energy Network - North Texas was started in 2008 and has grown to over 120 members. If interested in helping on a committee or serving on the Board, then please contact Ann Vendenberg for more information.
Women's Energy Network in North Texas hosts lunches and networking events every month.
Women's Energy Network in North Texas hosted a Leadership Conference in June 2013 with more than 100 in attendance.
The North Texas Chapter wishes to thank the 2014 Corporate Sponsors (see below). If you wish to be a sponsor, please contact Kathy Costner.
2014 Message from WEN-NT President - Diana Frazier
2013 proved to be a noteworthy year for WEN North Texas, and we look forward to more growth and success in the new year. As we begin our 6th year as a chapter, I would like to highlight our biggest accomplishments over the past year:
- Membership numbers rose for 2013.
- The mentoring program met in three locations – Fort Worth, Downtown Dallas, and North Dallas. We received extremely positive feedback from the mentoring groups, citing the value of the learning experience and strengthened relationships formed within the mentor groups.
- We sustained high attendance at each of our educational luncheons.
- The 3rd Annual Leadership Conference – “Empower, Enable, and Enhance” – was an overwhelming success. Over 100 attendees participated in the event held at the Dallas Petroleum Club. Four dynamic speakers headlined discussions on a range of topics, including personal brand management, finding international career success, urbanization of the oil and gas industry in North Texas, and political obstacles women face in the workplace.
Looking ahead in 2014, the Board of Directors has planned many exciting events and new opportunities for the North Texas chapter. Specifically:
- We have expanded the educational lunch programs to include 2 luncheons per month - one in Ft. Worth (Fort Worth Petroleum Club) and one in Dallas (Dallas Petroleum Club).
- The 4th annual Leadership Conference is scheduled for Thursday, June 12, 2014, at the Dallas Petroleum Club.
- We will continue holding social and networking events throughout the year to encourage member interaction.
- We will continue the mentoring program, providing members a chance to be more involved with the North Texas chapter and to cultivate their professional careers.
We would like to introduce and extend special thanks to our new 2014 corporate sponsors:
- BDO USA, LLP
- NGP Energy Capital Management
- Texas Christian University
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Venari Resources LLC, and
- Vural Law Firm
Their sponsorships allow us to develop new programs to better serve our growing chapter.
As we move forward, our goal is to encourage membership participation on all levels, whether through career-building events, enlightening and inspiring educational luncheons, or fun social events. We are excited to build upon the strong foundation of this professional organization and to expand our influence as a chapter throughout the region, across our industry, and in our community.
The WEN-NT Board of Directors Welcomes You to the North Texas Chapter!
If you are interested in serving on the Board or volunteering to assist with a Committee, please contact Diana Frazier.