The Executive Membership level provides an innovative forum for women leaders in the energy industry to network, exchange and develop new ideas, and become visible role models. Members have the opportunity to:
- Enjoy exclusive networking events with industry peers;
- Exchange knowledge with executives of various skillset in the energy industry;
- Give back by mentoring and developing aspiring professionals in the energy industry;
- Support other executives and foster professional development;
- Be visible role models and support progressing the careers of standard WEN members by participating as leaders of Mentoring Circles or as program speakers;
- Expand industry knowledge by participating in programs developed specifically for executive members.
Each participating Chapter has a custom program that includes the above and oftentimes, more! If you'd like additional information about your Chapter's program, please contact them directly via the links below.
Candidates for Executive Membership should be recognized leaders in their fields and have an established sphere of influence, and have a leadership record in civic and community activities. Candidates must meet the criteria of a standard WEN Member as well as one or more of the following:
- Hold a senior executive position within an energy company or company serving the energy industry;
- Be an equity partner or shareholder or hold a leadership position (includes serving on a board of directors) in an organization serving energy industry clients;
- Be a fully tenured professor teaching energy-related subjects or hold a leadership in the energy field at an accredited undergraduate or graduate level academic institution;
- Hold a cabinet-level or higher position (GS15 or Senior Executive Service or similar level, in the chapter area) in state or federal government or head an agency in state or federal government related to the energy industry;
- Hold an executive position at a trade association or group that serves the energy industry;
- Be a past-president of a WEN chapter (applicable after fulfillment of term as immediate past-president).
Application & Fees
A Chapter may invite a candidate to Executive Membership or a candidate may self-nominate by applying through this website. Chapters determine the fees for their program, which means that dues and benefits vary. Below are the annual fees for each Chapter program. Please contact the Chapter directly to confirm benefits.
Ready to apply? Click the link below to get started. If you have any issues with the application, please contact email@example.com. Once your application is received, the Chapter will be notified and begin the approval process. After the membership is approved, the executive member will be notified and sent an invoice to complete the membership payment. WEN recommends adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list to ensure you receive this email. Please allow 8-10 weeks for executive membership activation.
Membership dues are used to support the activities of WEN. Dues or any of the association assets are not used for any political contributions.