Founded in 2023, the Northern New England chapter of the Women’s Energy Network will cover northern Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine. Several founding members are Women’s Energy Network veterans from other chapters.
Northern New England is home to a wide range of businesses and organizations in the energy sector, which include energy generators and distributors, renewable and alternative energy sources, technology firms, and many commercial energy customers and consumers. Our government leaders in all states have committed resources to increase and support the energy workforce through energy efficiency programs and local state initiatives.
The chapter plans to have several virtual and in-person events throughout the year, focusing on professional development and community building. Our in-person events will be in various regions to allow our members and potential members to join and, when possible, offer hybrid events. Our mission is to build a community of women in energy focused on education, professional development, and community.
Founding Board Members
- Maggie Teliska, President (Enel North America)
- Mercedes Olster, President-Elect (Enel North America)
- Megan Beauregard, Legal & Secretary (Enel North America)
- Alicia Calero, Treasurer (Avangrid Renewables)
- Beth Murphy, Programming and Events (Revolv)
- Meredith Fordham Hughes, Marketing & Communications (Club Assist)